Brand management in the Times of Coronavirus
Gabriel García Márquez wrote “Love in the Time of Cholera” … We are currently living in unprecedented times of confinement and we must ask ourselves how we are going to manage our businesses, which is often related to how we are going to take care of our brands in the time of Coronavirus.
We haven’t had much time to anticipate this or organise ourselves. However, many companies, such as Little Buddha, have succeeded in continuing to work by sending each of our team members home with their computer equipment. This is when we appreciate “paperless” working as it means that we can take our computer, Wacom, printer… and be just as efficient as if we were together, sharing information via a server and using digital communication tools to coordinate ourselves, which is more common in start-ups.
Working using the best technology is here to stay as it improves the efficiency of companies.
A multitude of tools that help with the management of different departments exist, and at Little Buddha we have spent years developing technology that helps with brand management: branding, packaging, social media, and corporate videos…
In many companies, poor brand management means you have to chase different people (those having worked in the marketing sector experienced it and we keep on seeing it when providing services to our clients) in order to get the correct version of legal texts, the final go-ahead (Yes, it’s changed!), the final art of the packaging mater in editable format to design a new project, the VP has requested a corporate video that needs final videos or advertisements but there’s no way of finding good quality videos, who has all of the social media material? … etc.
We have developed MyMediaConnect; a tool that helps with brand management: it allows companies to manage a multitude of brand projects, in order to manage workflows with fixed deadlines, designated person responsibilities and brand assets as final project output.
What type of projects? Mainly those that require workflow from different departments, such as marketing, purchasing, design, quality control, trade marketing, R&D&I… launching new products, packaging redesign, communications and template management, corporate applications in different media, video, point of sale materials, among other applications.
It’s very important to mention that this tool works via a “cloud”, allowing all internal departments and external collaborators to work locally or remotely. This advantage allows coordinated work on projects with specific privileges for users on major tasks, such as:
- Project creation: the project leader can start a project, within the multiple standardised workflows, and select the users linked to this project from the comfort of their home or office.
The priority is to complete tasks for a fixed deadline. The system allows each company to adapt their own approval procedure, choosing who should know, who should approve, … and visualising all of this on a simple dashboard that shows all current on-going projects.
- Approval cycle: getting the approval of a design, legal texts, or any digital brand asset by different people (legal, industrial, R&D, marketing director…) co-ordinated by the project leader.
- Helps to correct designs: the tool automatically compares the modifications to a design with others (what is known in the industry as soft proofing), highlighting text or design changes to validate them (if, for example, a percentage of the design has been changed) or correct them (if a pictogram or other design element has been inadvertently removed).
- Up to date information bank: the system ensures that information is always up to date, without relying on an individual’s memory or a file stored on someone’s hard drive. It allows everyone to access the latest information at an international level (no misleading legal texts or out of date designs are delivered), all authorised personnel have an ordered, visible history.
It prevents catastrophes like those we told you about in the “Cannelloni Lasagne” article.
- Connectivity: MyMediaConnect is not intended to eliminate any tools or processes that already exist within the company, but to complement them by allowing you to be connected using them, from the simple to the most complex such as SAP, via integrations that facilitate teamwork and oversee projects in a centralised way.
In short, MyMediaConnect is the best ally for brand management, this tool really helps brands and teams in terms of managing their timing and results more efficiently and orderly, and allows them to maintain and increase their productivity in times of telecommuting, like the period in which we are living.
Some people who believe that this pandemic has come to change us because we won’t manage our personal and professional relationships and our priorities in the same way once we are no longer at risk of contamination.
Current circumstances have forced us to accelerate the digitisation of our processes, and at Little Buddha we are currently providing video presentations with information about our tool whilst another team is implementing it at a large consumption company.
So, don’t wait any longer, we are happy to give you a 40-minute demonstration. Take a moment to watch this 50-second video: https://vimeo.com/373367199